1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free! If you aren't ready for that, try posting your question or comment as a guest!

Hope For Malaysian Flight?

Discussion in 'Campfire Chat - General Discussions' started by JPK Huson 1863, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Drew

Drew 2nd Lieutenant

It's remarkable, isn't it? The MAL370 thread at the Pilot's Forum is now upwards of 200 pages. Those folks are pilots, air traffic controllers, radar technicians, aircraft engineers, etc. They'll smoke out and apply a ton of bricks to a dilettante in a New York minute!

Our own CWT moderators have to put up with us, but the mods over there have got to be frantic.

JPK Huson 1863 and Nathanb1 like this.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. RobertP

RobertP Captain

The transponder was turned off BEFORE they sent the last all OK Goodnight message. No question now that it was hijacked-was it the crew or passengers?

4. David Knight

David Knight Sergeant

Whatever the truth of this I feel a feature film coming on.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Nathanb1 likes this.
  5. Jamieva

Jamieva Sergeant

Now today they're saying it wasn't off when he said good night. They cannot keep the stories straight from one day to the next. I have zero confidence in the Malaysian government/airline to get this done right.

The new they flew at 5000 feet over Pakistan theory is downright laughable. You cannot be serious right? That's virtually impossible to do with that plane IN THE DARK.

Drew and RobertP like this.
  6. RobertP

RobertP Captain

Agree. It's impossible to keep this story straight because it changes every day.

FarawayFriend likes this.
  7. Jamieva

Jamieva Sergeant

If i was a family member of some on the plane I would be ready to throttle someone.

8. donna

donna Lt. Colonel Forum Host

It does have to be so hard on family members with the story changing everyday. That why I wrote before governments don't care about individuals and their feeling. I saw some of family members from China on TV last night. They were crying and so distraught. God help them all.

9. David Knight

David Knight Sergeant

Just shows how the world of news has changed in the last few decades and not for the best.

We know assume that the whole truth will be available very quickly and reasonably accurately within a few hours of an event happening. So when something happens that no one really knows the truth (well in the Malayasian Government anyway).

The result is anger..... because we deserve and demand to know.

24 hour news and speculation (mainly speculation) is not great for relatives who need understanding and space no hounding for there views.

Nathanb1 and FarawayFriend like this.
  10. Greg Taylor

Greg Taylor First Sergeant

Attached Files:

11. FarawayFriend

FarawayFriend Sergeant Major Trivia Game Winner

Of course our prayers and thoughts should be with the families of the passengers in the first line. But as it seems that the plane did not crash but was hijacked maybe for some dark purpose - then that probably affects us all and that is why we are so anxious to get to know more. I think that is only natural considering what happened in the past and still is in only too vivid memory.

12. Greg Taylor

Greg Taylor First Sergeant

13. KeyserSoze

KeyserSoze 1st Lieutenant Forum Host

That's all I've got.

14. donna

donna Lt. Colonel Forum Host

My husband and I were talking last night, and thought if that plane was taken somewhere, are they (passengers) being fed and able to have a place to sleep etc. What if they need medicine everyday like I do? You just can't help but wonder about them all? It is such a mystery and nothing gets better.

FarawayFriend likes this.
  15. David Knight

David Knight Sergeant

Sounds that if all the conspiracy theories are even partially accurate.... James Bond will find an arch villian who will hold the world to nuclear ransom soon?

16. BillO

BillO 1st Lieutenant

24 hr. news full of talking heads with nothing to say. Everything at this point is conjecture which seems to be a fancy form of BS.

Nathanb1 and David Knight like this.
  17. FarawayFriend

FarawayFriend Sergeant Major Trivia Game Winner

Just heard in the news: still no sign of the plane. All the news of parts being found were false. The mystery still is not solved.

Nathanb1 likes this.
  18. Drew

Drew 2nd Lieutenant

The thread at the pilot's forum is now 444 pages long, with over 13 million "views." Careful what you say on the internet.

This is a nightmare for the families impacted. Prayers for them.

FarawayFriend and Nathanb1 like this.
  19. chellers

chellers 1st Lieutenant Trivia Game Winner

I've been following that thread for a couple of weeks. Some interesting stuff. But all speculation, of course.

FarawayFriend and Drew like this.
  20. diane

diane Colonel Forum Host

So very strange. Too many false reports and mealy-mouthed statements. If it was terrorists, we should have heard from them by now unless they're being dickered with. But I think the poor people are gone and the plane just crashed. Whatever it is, something sure stinks in the state of Malaysia.

21. JerseyBart

JerseyBart Brigadier General Moderator Forum Host

It's time for the national news to stop covering this minute by minute as if it were "breaking news"until something, if anything, of substance is found. Common ocean garbage is not news.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)