Civil War Talk Throwback Thursday, 7-12-18

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
_20160918_215818.JPG

Still in a Gettysburg frame of mind, this week's Throwback Thursday only goes back to 2016 and the September to Remember gathering of members of CWT. Here the group listens to @hoosier and his talk about the doings of Stannard's Vermont Brigade during Pickett's Charge; the setting is Cemetery Ridge with the (in)famous Clump of Trees on the horizon in the background. (Monuments nearer the Angle can be seen in the center background.) Members I recognize, including myself of course, include @mkyzzzrdet ; @LoyaltyOfDogs ; @War Horse ; @pamc153PA ; @PeterT ; @E_just_E - sadly, I've forgotten whose photo this was that I saved from the thread on the event!

Anyone else having old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia is welcome and encouraged to post them here in this week's thread as well!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

PeterT

1st Lieutenant
View attachment 196162

Still in a Gettysburg frame of mind, this week's Throwback Thursday only goes back to 2016 and the September to Remember gathering of members of CWT. Here the group listens to @hoosier and his talk about the doings of Stannard's Vermont Brigade during Pickett's Charge; the setting is Cemetery Ridge with the (in)famous Clump of Trees on the horizon in the background. (Monuments nearer the Angle can be seen in the center background.) Members I recognize, including myself of course, include @mkyzzzrdet ; @LoyaltyOfDogs ; @War Horse ; @pamc153PA ; @PeterT ; @E_just_E - sadly, I've forgotten whose photo this was that I saved from the thread on the event!

Anyone else having old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia is welcome and encouraged to post them here in this week's thread as well!
Other members I can see are @jgoodguy @lelliott19 and @StephenColbert27. I'll have to have another think about some of the others. You could be correct @hoosier about @FarawayFriend taking the photo because I see Dirk there.

lelliott19

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Yep @PeterT and @FarawayFriend that's me in the back, blue shirt holding the leash of the incredibly talented dog, next to my amazingly handsome husband who <usually> needs no leash. :D

@sarladaise is also in the picture.....wearing the stylish light khaki blazer and standing far right. Is @War Horse peeking out from between people? Who is standing to his left?

Where was @John Winn ? Was he not there yet?​

Last edited: