1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Civil War Talk Throwback Thursday, 7-12-18

Discussion in 'Throwback Thursday' started by James N., Jul 12, 2018 at 1:55 PM.

Tags:
  1. James N.

James N. Major Forum Host Civil War Photo Contest
    Annual Winner
    Featured Book Reviewer

_20160918_215818.JPG

Still in a Gettysburg frame of mind, this week's Throwback Thursday only goes back to 2016 and the September to Remember gathering of members of CWT. Here the group listens to @hoosier and his talk about the doings of Stannard's Vermont Brigade during Pickett's Charge; the setting is Cemetery Ridge with the (in)famous Clump of Trees on the horizon in the background. (Monuments nearer the Angle can be seen in the center background.) Members I recognize, including myself of course, include @mkyzzzrdet ; @LoyaltyOfDogs ; @War Horse ; @pamc153PA ; @PeterT ; @E_just_E - sadly, I've forgotten whose photo this was that I saved from the thread on the event!

Anyone else having old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia is welcome and encouraged to post them here in this week's thread as well!

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. mofederal

mofederal Captain

Thanks for posting the photo. It is nice to see other members in it, although it would be tough for me to say who is exactly who. Thanks again @James N.

4. War Horse

War Horse Captain Forum Host Silver Patron Trivia Game Winner Regtl. Quartermaster Gettysburg 2017 Member of the Year

@hoosier presentation was one of the highlights of the trip. Thanks for posting @James N. :smile:

5. hoosier

hoosier 1st Lieutenant Forum Host

I don't see Faraway Friend in the picture, so my guess is that she's the one who took it.

6. PeterT

PeterT 1st Lieutenant

Other members I can see are @jgoodguy @lelliott19 and @StephenColbert27. I'll have to have another think about some of the others. You could be correct @hoosier about @FarawayFriend taking the photo because I see Dirk there.

7. FarawayFriend

FarawayFriend Major Silver Patron Trivia Game Winner

Right, it was my photo and I feel honored that it was posted here. And yes, you are right, @War Horse, @hoosier's narration was one of the highlights of that weekend, followed by another one, our walk back to the Inn with @PeterT.

8. lelliott19

lelliott19 1st Lieutenant Forum Host Trivia Game Winner

Yep @PeterT and @FarawayFriend that's me in the back, blue shirt holding the leash of the incredibly talented dog, next to my amazingly handsome husband who <usually> needs no leash. :D

@sarladaise is also in the picture.....wearing the stylish light khaki blazer and standing far right. Is @War Horse peeking out from between people? Who is standing to his left?

Where was @John Winn ? Was he not there yet? ​

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 8:31 PM
    James N., PeterT and War Horse like this.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)