Greetings from Maryland!

Hello everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. :smile: I'm a Maryland SCV member with descendants Tinsley Allen from the 58th VA and his brothers Thomas and Henry of the 13th VA. I'm lucky enough to have their letters to home to read first hand what they went through, and how they informed their mother of Thomas's death. (The letters themselves have now been donated to Washington and Lee University, and their personal items are now in the care of the Amherst Co. Historical Society) I was happy to be a part of the restoration efforts to have the battle flag of the 58th restored, and donated to the Museum of the Confederacy.
I spend a lot of time at Sharpsburg and Gettysburg (even though the 58th and 13th weren't in action there) because every time I go, I seem to meet new people and learn more things. Hoping to learn even more from you fine folks...thanks for having me! :smile:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Hello everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. :smile: I'm a Maryland SCV member with descendants Tinsley Allen from the 58th VA and his brothers Thomas and Henry of the 13th VA. I'm lucky enough to have their letters to home to read first hand what they went through, and how they informed their mother of Thomas's death. (The letters themselves have now been donated to Washington and Lee University, and their personal items are now in the care of the Amherst Co. Historical Society) I was happy to be a part of the restoration efforts to have the battle flag of the 58th restored, and donated to the Museum of the Confederacy.
I spend a lot of time at Sharpsburg and Gettysburg (even though the 58th and 13th weren't in action there) because every time I go, I seem to meet new people and learn more things. Hoping to learn even more from you fine folks...thanks for having me! :smile:
Welcome from southeastern North Carolina.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)