Texas' Civil War Monuments

Don't allow Union ones!
Ughh...
Yeah if we're gonna have Confederate Monuments we should have Union ones as well, fair is fair, right is right. Very, very few Texans fought for the Union, and I wouldn't be surprised if they face discrimination being Southerners in the Union Army, they fought and died for what they believed in, same as Confederate Texans. A monument for them is long overdue, and as for myself, I'm staunch in my siding with the Confederacy in the War, and a monument for Texans who fought for the Union is long overdue, and it is dishonorable and insightful to suggest otherwise, even from a Confederate point of view.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

BlueandGrayl

First Sergeant
Ughh...
Yeah if we're gonna have Confederate Monuments we should have Union ones as well, fair is fair, right is right. Very, very few Texans fought for the Union, and I wouldn't be surprised if they face discrimination being Southerners in the Union Army, they fought and died for what they believed in, same as Confederate Texans. A monument for them is long overdue, and as for myself, I'm staunch in my siding with the Confederacy in the War, and a monument for Texans who fought for the Union is long overdue, and it is dishonorable and insightful to suggest otherwise, even from a Confederate point of view.
Well there should be monuments to both sides neither should be removed. Admittedly there is a good reason you don't see Union monuments in Texas in contrast to other former Confederate states few Texans fought on the Union side from a few exceptions such as Texas Hill unless you count Sam Houston (a staunch Unionist) as being a Union monument.

Last edited:

BlueandGrayl

First Sergeant
Do keep in mind that the subject of this thread is Texas' Civil War Monuments rather than Civil War Monuments in Texas - a big difference which would also account for why they seem to be universally Confederate.
Not to mention there were barely any Unionist Texans in contrast to Confederate Texans aside from maybe Sam Houston or Texas Hill or German immigrants. Texas was solidly secessionist as with much of the South/Confederacy.