Vandalism

CMWinkler

Colonel
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Vandals strike Confederate monument

Brandburg Statue vandalized

Holden Kurwicki, WHAS 4:55 PM. EDT April 04, 2017
civil%20war%20monument%20in%20brandenburg%20kentucky_1491338184296_9158385_ver1.0.JPG

CONNECT TWEET LINKEDIN GOOGLE+ PINTEREST
BRANDENBURG, Ky. (WHAS11) -- This Confederate monument may have been moved out of Louisville, but it has already become a center of controversy at its new home.

For 120 years the Confederate monument sat along 3rd street in Louisville and remained largely unchanged, but just a few months after being moved to Brandenburg, Mayor Ronnie Joyner says someone made some unwanted changes that were largely inappropriate.

More: http://www.whas11.com/news/local/vandals-strike-confederate-monument/428560557

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

CMWinkler

Colonel
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Black Lives Matter Vandalism Strikes Civil War Monument at UNC (Again)
Published April 20, 2017
livefyre Print
Twitter

BY KAYLA SCHIERBECKER - UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI • THE COLLEGE FIX

Student activists stave off irrelevancy with ‘artivism’

A Confederate war memorial that outlived the student protest group that tried to get it removed from campus has been targeted with graffiti for the fourth time in two years.

“Love is understanding why others hate. Love [is greater than] Hate. BLM,” a vandal had written in black paint on the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill monument, known as “Silent Sam,” when a Daily Tar Heel photographer found it Friday.

More: http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/04/2...andalism-strikes-civil-war-monument-unc-again

Last edited by a moderator:

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Black Lives Matter Vandalism Strikes Civil War Monument at UNC (Again)
Published April 20, 2017
livefyre Print

Twitter

BY KAYLA SCHIERBECKER - UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI • THE COLLEGE FIX

Student activists stave off irrelevancy with ‘artivism’

A Confederate war memorial that outlived the student protest group that tried to get it removed from campus has been targeted with graffiti for the fourth time in two years.

“Love is understanding why others hate. Love [is greater than] Hate. BLM,” a vandal had written in black paint on the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill monument, known as “Silent Sam,” when a Daily Tar Heel photographer found it Friday.

More: http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/04/2...andalism-strikes-civil-war-monument-unc-again
Somehow their actions belie their words...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I couldn't read all of the posts, but I got the gist of what's being said. I agree that some of these vandals are just idiots out to destroy something. It's easier for me to have patience with an idiot than someone who believes this is an effective way to protest or speak about the Civil War. Fantasy punishment, I know, but these knuckleheads should have to spend at least one month living as a Civil War soldier did: uniform, rations, bivouac, everything. Once they've done that, then they can protest the War, having learned at least something about what the men, North and South alike, endured.

Alright, I wasn't going to post this, but here we are. Mother and I went to visit a family plot in Louisiana a while back and found something that is really irksome. Her Great Aunt Gussie died and was buried when I was but a little boy. I don't remember her, but have it on good authority she was a kind woman who never hurt a fly in her life.

I want to meet the 'brave, principled soul' who did this to her headstone, probably with needle-nosed pliers in the middle of the night. You can guess what the full emblem said. Coward, says I.

DSCN0283.JPG

JohnW.

2nd Lieutenant
Sorry I couldn't read all of the posts, but I got the gist of what's being said. I agree that some of these vandals are just idiots out to destroy something. It's easier for me to have patience with an idiot than someone who believes this is an effective way to protest or speak about the Civil War. Fantasy punishment, I know, but these knuckleheads should have to spend at least one month living as a Civil War soldier did: uniform, rations, bivouac, everything. Once they've done that, then they can protest the War, having learned at least something about what the men, North and South alike, endured.
I think that not only should they have to go through 1 month of everything that you just listed....if they are still alive after that month, they need to do one more thing and their debt to society would be considered paid in full....go through the PPT charge as a member of Company A, 11th Mississippi Volunteer Infantry. :roflmao::devil::roflmao::devil::eek::devil::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
I think that not only should they have to go through 1 month of everything that you just listed....if they are still alive after that month, they need to do one more thing and their debt to society would be considered paid in full....go through the PPT charge as a member of Company A, 11th Mississippi Volunteer Infantry. :roflmao::devil::roflmao::devil::eek::devil::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:.
I don't know what the PPT charge was (still learning), but it doesn't sound like the 11th had an easy time of it...

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Pickett-Pettigrew-Trimble Charge on July 3rd, 1863. Company A (University Greys) suffered 100% casualties. Every officer and enlisted was either killed or wounded.
I've never heard it described as that...it was a terrible outcome, and no doubt a terrible idea to begin with :frown::frown::frown:

Old Joe(our confederate monument)in Gainesville has been vandalized more times than I can count since 2008. They want to move him down the street to a museum but they are reluctant to take him because of all the vandalism. On the 26th(without straying into modern politics) a certain group of people who are against facism are planing something. Hopefully Ole Joe will be ok.

CMWinkler

Colonel
Forum Host
Retired Moderator

Buckeye Bill

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Vandals deface Civil War-era bridge in Gettysburg
View attachment 134635 |
Updated: 6:29 PM EDT Apr 27, 2017
Advertisement

Ed Weinstock
Reporter

Show Transcript

Police and the community are trying to stop vandals from defacing the Sachs Bridge in Gettysburg, a Civil War landmark.

More: http://www.wgal.com/article/vandals-deface-civil-war-era-bridge-in-gettysburg/9573186
My wife and I just visited the Sachs Covered Bridge last Saturday. Morons tagged (spray painted) their names on the inside planks. The exterior and surrounding grounds were not vandalized. I adore this venue....

IMG_20170422_104126750.jpg

JohnW.

2nd Lieutenant
My wife and I just visited the Sachs Covered Bridge last Saturday. Morons tagged (spray painted) their names on the inside planks. The exterior and surrounding grounds were not vandalized. I adore this venue....

View attachment 134638
May God have mercy on them if I catch them doing it....black flag.

CMWinkler

Colonel
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
‘Shame’ spray-painted on Confederate monument in Virginia
Originally published May 22, 2017 at 12:20 pm Updated May 22, 2017 at 12:47 pm
401f2f6b7fa94a7986fedc7180da9600-780x585.jpg

A word “SHAME” is is spray-painted on the Confederate monument located downtown on East Main Street in Norfolk, Va., on Monday, May 22, 2017. The Norfolk City Council decided in 2015 to keep the monument, despite pressure from a local civil rights group. (Lee Tolliver /The Virginian-Pilot via AP)

Share story
By
The Associated Press
The Associated Press

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — The word “shame” has been spray-painted on a Confederate monument in Virginia.

Media outlets report Norfolk police spokesman Daniel Hudson says officers were called to the vandalism site Monday morning.

More: http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/shame-spray-painted-on-confederate-monument-in-virginia/

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)