Wilson's Creek Museum - Opening Rescheduled

Though this news story is three weeks old now, I just came across it today and thought I'd share.

Wilson's Creek National Battlefield - Museum Opening Delayed

For those that may not be familiar with the progress of the museum - After the General Sweeny's Museum was purchased and closed by the NPS in 2011, the NPS stored the artifacts with plans to construct a new and larger building near the park visitor center to house the exhibits. Due to financial considerations those plans have since been altered, to instead renovate a portion inside the visitor center itself. Last I had heard from the NPS, the museum was scheduled to reopen on April 1st of this year. However, after a few delays it's now expected to be open by the end of August, 2014. Though it is disappointing to hear of more delays, it looks like it will be a great museum once it does open! :thumbsup:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

archieclement

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
there still isn't much displayed from Sweeny's when I was there over thanksgiving.....however was told renovation of visitors center to open a bunch more display is supposed to happen next year

Hope it isn't just a case of always saying "tomorrow"...…….

Last edited:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)